Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Titles and Tribulations

To all the ladies... I ask you: when does the title "Mrs." become offensive? I keep being referred to as Mrs. Does that mean I'm old? Does it mean that I look like a mother of 3? Is it a title of respect? Has it really come to this? Must I admit to myself that I am no longer the person with all the energy to run a marathon? Who am I kidding I never worked out before anyway. What does the title actually mean?

I can honestly say that I feel a lot older than I look (or think I look). Currently, I am 23 and will be going on to 24 in August. I've felt like 30 for the past two years. I got the partying out of my system a long time ago and left the social scene becoming a lonely mclonster. I can't decide whether or not I enjoy this lifestyle or not. I have always been the type of person to feed energy and receive energy from people in order to survive. Might this be the cause of my referrals to Mrs? Have I come to my worst fear: is there something that says "I'm boring"?

Analyzing myself and this oddness of the title of Mrs... have I lost that spunky attitude or youthfulness that once was so recognizable once before? Have I got crows' feet near my eyes? Do my eyes just scream, "Respect me BIOTCH!! That's Mrs to you!"?

On a last and final note: Aren't Asians suppose to age well? News flash: this one isn't.

No comments: